West Otago Activities
- Hunting - Fallow deer and wild boar in the renowned Blue Mountains with
red deer in the Dusky and Leithen forests. Contact us if you need a hunting guide.
- Fishing - World class brown trout fly fishing in the Pomahaka River. A
local fishing guide is available. Not far away is the famous Mataura River with it's "match the hatch" fly fishing.
See our Useful Links page.
- Golf - Tapanui has a very good 18 hole golf course.
- Walking - There are many beautiful tracks and trails in West Otago. Quiet bush walks abound.
The new Whiskey Gully - Black Gully Track is a more challenging 14km walk
taking you to spectacular locations.
- Biking - Many country roads in West Otago offer superb sights and experiences. Mountain bike trails in the Blue Mountains also provide challenges for
- Photography - Native forest, birds and ever-changing rural scenery make the region unique.